Thursday 26 April 2012

review: obsidian - jennifer l.armentrout

OBSIDIAN
Jennifer L.Armentrout
Release Date: 6 Dec 2011
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Pages: 299
Source: bought

Rating: 5 out of 5

"Starting over sucks. When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. And then he opened his mouth. Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all.

 But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. The hot alien living next door marks me. You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If I don't kill him first, that is."
 Jennifer L.Armentrout is fastly becoming one of my favourite authors. She's amazing! I fall in love with everything she writes it seems and Obsidian is no different. Jennifer's writing is beautiful, her characters likeable and three dimensional. I read this after reading Half-Blood and Pure, so I was expecting a lot from it and it did not dissapoint.

Jennifer's characters are always so well written, Katy I could immediately connect with. She's strong, independant and determined. I loved that she had a tendancy towards stubborness aswell. I thought it was cute that she was a book blogger, as we all can relate to that! It was nice to see her videoing her IMM posts, and writing up her Waiting on Wednesday post too!

 Daemon, well I absolutely adored him. He's cocky, arrogant and sarcastic. Oh, and also an alien from a planet called Lux. It's hard to describe my actual feelings about Daemon, as I just loved him... Jennifer is an expert at crafting tension between characters, and she doesn't fail here. The chemisty between Katy and Daemon was unreal, and I loved that it was a love/hate relationship which developed throughout the novel instead of happening straight away. Dee also deserves an honourable mention, I loved how perky and happy she is. Like a little ball of sunshine!

 
There's not much more that I can say about Obsidian as I'm afraid it'll just turn into fan girl mushiness! This is a captivating story with fantastic characters, a brilliant thought out plot, buckets of sexual tension and plenty of action. If you've not read anything by J L.Armentrout before I highly reccomend this, and I promise you won't be dissapointed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment